Tympanic Membrane Temperature with Electronic Thermometer
1. Request the resident to position head to one side away from you. Ask the resident to place their head to the side away from you.
2. Make sure that if there is earwax in the ear canal, you do not try to remove it from inside the outer canal.
3. Take the hand-held thermometer from its charger.
4. Place the speculum cover on the tip of the unit, and twist it until it is fixated.
5. While pulling the ear pinna gently upwards, place the speculum into the opening of the ear canal, until it fits properly.
6. Press the thermometer button after placing the speculum in order to measure the temperature.
7. Wait until there is an audible beep, notifying you to check the temperature on the display.
8. Carefully remove the thermometer.
9. Press the ejection button on the thermometer in order to remove the speculum and dispose of it.
10. Place the thermometer back with the charger.