CNA Classes Scholarship Terms, Conditions & Eligibility Rules
- Scholarship: The total amount of the scholarship to be awarded by http://freecnatrainingclasses.org (the “Sponsor”) is $1,000. The scholarship will be paid in two (2) equal installments, subject to the requirements of paragraph 4, below. A check in the amount of $500 will be paid jointly to the scholarship recipient and to a United States CNA School/Class Provider, approved by the State of the scholarship recipient’s choice (the “Institution”) upon completion by recipient, and receipt by the Sponsor, of all required scholarship documentation. A second check in the amount of $500 will be paid jointly to the scholarship recipient and the Institution four (4) months after the start of recipient’s CNA program. The second payment will be made upon receipt by the Sponsor of any additional information or documentation that may be required from the recipient. Scholarship drawings will be held no less frequently than yearly, and no more frequently than quarterly, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each drawing will be made from eligible applications (see paragraphs 2 and 6, below) received within the appropriate application period, which shall begin the day immediately following the closing date of the immediately previous application period and end with the closing date of the current application period. Sponsor reserves the right to set the date and method of payment. Any and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulation. The scholarship is not transferable to any other person.
- Eligibility: This scholarship program is open to all legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of application and are planning to enroll in a previously unattended Institution in the United States. This scholarship is not open to residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island or other states or territories in which registration, bonding or other regulatory activities, if any, are required. . Scholarship recipients must enroll in a qualified Institution of his or her choice within 1 year of the date the recipient is notified of winning the scholarship, and subsequently maintain such enrollment throughout the entire applicable program term. Scholarship applications must be complete and accurate to the best of applicant’s knowledge and belief. Scholarship submissions must include the completed scholarship application, short answer questions and video entry (if applicable).
- Termination: Should the recipient’s enrollment at such Institution terminate before the end of the program for any reason, any unused portion of the scholarship shall be forfeited by recipient and returned to the Sponsor.
- Scholarship Recipient: The scholarship recipient must meet all eligibility requirements and shall be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Scholarship Acceptance Form within 30 days of notification. If a recipient is a minor, the recipient’s parents/legal guardian must also execute such forms. The scholarship award shall be payable for a recipient’s benefit directly to the Institution, contingent on submission of proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor,of enrollment and a confirmation of attendance at the Institution. If a recipient fails to attend an acceptable Institution within 1 year of notification of winning, the prize award and all its benefits will be forfeited. The scholarship will be also be forfeited and an alternate recipient may be selected if the recipient cannot be notified, fails to respond to the prize notification within fifteen (15) days, is ineligible, or fails to timely return the completed and executed Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Scholarship Acceptance Form, upon Sponsor’s request. Failure or refusal to comply with any these Official Rules may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate recipient.
- No Purchase Necessary: There is no obligation, expressed or implied, on the scholarship applicant’s part to purchase any products or services in order to enter or be awarded the scholarship, other than the enrollment requirements explained in paragraph 2, above.
- Application: Fill out the scholarship application form on the Sponsor’s website and click the “Submit Scholarship Application” button. Scholarship application deadlines and scholarship recipient announcement dates are subject to change. Online applications will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. Applicants must provide all requested information in order to be considered. Only one entry per person, per application period. Incomplete applications, multiple applications, automated applications, and computer-aided or computer-generated script applications are void and ineligible. Once an application has been submitted, it is final and may not be changed, altered, revised, or modified. By submitting an application for scholarship, the applicant agrees that it has read, understands, and accepts the Official Rules.
- Selection of Scholarship Recipients: The scholarship drawings will occur the first business day following the application deadline. Submissions will be narrowed to eligible applications and a recipient will be randomly selected. Odds of becoming a recipient will vary with each drawing and will depend on the number of qualified entries received during the appropriate application period. The Sponsor reserves the right to use another means to determine the scholarship recipient(s), such as random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All scholarship recipient decisions are final.
- Miscellaneous: Limit one entry per person, per application period. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to photograph and/or make recording of the recipient and to use said reproductions of the recipient’s physical likeness and/or recordings. Prize acceptance by a recipient constitutes permission by the recipient to use the recipient’s name and likeness with no further payment in connection with publicity efforts regarding the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s scholarship program. Recipient need not be present at drawing to win. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the recipient. The recipient must provide his or her social security number or taxpayer identification number for tax reporting purposes. Employees of the Sponsor, or their immediate families, are not eligible to apply or win.
- Interpretation of Rules/Provisions: The Sponsor is the sole interpreter of these rules. By participating, each applicant agrees to be bound by these rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- General Conditions: The scholarship is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process and/or the legitimate operation of the scholarship; to violate these Official Rules; or to act in an disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person with respect to the scholarship. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries. The Sponsor may modify the scholarship or suspend the scholarship to address any impairment, and then resume the scholarship in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. The Sponsor has the right to terminate the scholarship at any time and without notice.
11. Internet Conditions: The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any entries in the scholarship that are not properly entered due to data corruption or otherwise not received correctly, or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail, or on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to applicant’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the scholarship. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any lost, misdirected or late entries into the scholarship. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scholarship in the event that the scholarship is not capable of running as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the scholarship.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SCHOLARSHIP, APPLICANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED ENTITIES”), WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY APPLICANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP OR IN ANY SCHOLARSHIP RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. THE RELEASED ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, BANKRUPTCY OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP, EACH APPLICANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED ENTITIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE FREECNATRAININGCLASSES.ORG OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SCHOLARSHIP, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
13. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this scholarship represents and warrants to FreeCNATrainingClasses.org as follows: (i) the application, including the written response submission is the applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iii) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the submission requirements set forth above. Each applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of applicant hereunder.
14. DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: By entering the scholarship, applicant, agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, controversies and/or causes of action arising out of or related to this scholarship, the Official Rules, and/or the prize awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration, to be administered in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules followed by the American Arbitration Association. All determinations as to the scope, enforceability, and effect of this arbitration provision shall be submitted to the arbitrator. Any judgment or award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; (b) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the scholarship; and (c) under no circumstances will applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and applicant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the applicant and the Sponsor in connection with the scholarship, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas.
15. Severance: If any particular provision of these Official Rules shall be deemed unenforceable or invalid, it shall not affect the other provisions hereof and the Official Rules shall be constructed in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable provision(s) was omitted.