Perineal Care of the Female Resident
1. Prepare a container with warm water, which is comfortable in temperature.
2. Cleanse the whole genital area with a soapy washcloth.
3. Wash each side of the vulva with a different portion of the washcloth.
4. From top to bottom, clean out the perineum.
5. Remove all soap from the area, using a fresh washcloth, which is clean of all contaminants.
6. Dry the perineal area out carefully.
7. In case the water becomes cold or soapy, replace it.
8. Position the resident to lie on her side, in order to clear the buttocks area.
9. Rinse and dry the aforementioned area.
10. After the procedure is carried out, place a dry pad beneath the patient.
11. After cleaning and storing the equipment, tidy the area up.
12. Report all your observations throughout the procedure.