Moving the Resident to the Side of the Bed
1. First make sure the height of the bed is ideal for work, and then lock the wheels.
2. Before lowering the side rail on your side, raise the opposite one.
3. Assume a position with feet apart, in front of one another, and with a stretched back.
4. Make sure the patient’s arms are crossed in front of their chest.
5. After placing your arms below the shoulders and neck, raise this area towards you carefully, while switching strength in your feet.
6. Do the same with the waist portion of the body.
7. Do the same with the lower part of the body.
8. Support the resident’s head and back with a pillow if leaving them in the same supporting position.
9. Make sure the resident is comfortable.
10. Return the bed to a lower position and if needed, raise the side rails.
11. Return the call light close to the resident.
[youtube_sc url=XZNtrYEN_uw width=700]