Collecting Urine Specimen from an Indwelling Catheter
1. Remove the lid of the specimen container as mentioned above.
2. The catheter should be clamped below the collection port.
3. The collection port should be swabbed with an alcohol swab.
4. After attacking a needleless syringe to the collection port, carefully extract 5 cc of urine.
5. The clamp is to be REMOVED.
6. The urine specimen should be slowly ejected into the specimen container.
7. Replace the lid of the contained carefully, while avoiding touching the inside of the container or the lid.
8. After attaching the corresponding label to the container, take it to its final destination of delivery.
9. The specimen amount should be added to the output total.