Collecting Clean Catch Urine Specimen
1. Perineal care is to be applied first.
2. Provide the resident with the ability to urinate by providing the necessary container.
3. Remove the lid from the collection container and place it inside up on a flat surface..
4. Tell the resident when to begin and stop with voiding.
5. While holding the container beneath the resident, instruct them to void so that you can collect at least 5 milliliters of urine.
6. Tell the resident to stop voiding.
7. Return the lid of the container the way mentioned in the previous point.
8. Disinfect the bedpan and urinal thoroughly and store them in the bedside drawer after they are sanitized.
9. After attaching the needed label, transport the container to its final destination.