Assisting the Resident to Sit on the Side of the Bed
1. The bed should be positioned so that the resident can reach either the floor or the footstool with their feet.
2. The side rail behind the resident needs to be raised.
3. Help the resident reach a sitting position.
4. One arm should be placed on the patient’s shoulders, whereas the other should be on their knees.
5. The patient needs to be turned towards you so that the legs hang at the side of the bed.
6. Help the resident regain balance.
7. Help the patient maintain an upright position as comfortably as possible.
8. Measure the pulse and respiration characteristics.
9. The dangling position should be prolonged for 15-20 min.
10. Reverse the process in order to return the patient to their initial stage.