1. Lock the wheels after raising the opposite side rail.
2. The resident should be moved to your nearest side of the bed.
3. The undermost arm should be placed with the back of the patient. This is the only difference between side-lying and Sim’s position.
4. The closer leg should be crossed at the ankle with the other one.
5. One hand should be placed on the shoulder, whereas the other on the nearest hip of the resident.
6. The resident has to be turned away from you on the side.
7. Make use of a positioning device, such as a pillow.
8. The resident’s arm and shoulder should be adjusted to avoid any pressure.
9. The bed and side rail should be lowered by orders.