Recording Intake and Output (I & O)
1. Locate liquid foods for the resident and record their intake according to them.
2. Based on facility policy, either record in cubic centimeters or mililiters.
3. The output is measured by pouring the urine of the resident into a graduate.
4. While using a gloved hand to hold the graduate, use a gloveless hand to flush down the toilet.
5. Disinfect each and every appliance, based on facility policy used.
6. In the output form, record the urine output with a pen.
7. Report any form of unusual characteristic for the urine to the nurse.