Logrolling The Resident
1. First raise the side rails, and lock the wheels while adjusting the bed for a more comfortable position.
2. While the bed is completely flat, lower the side rail on your side.
3. The pull sheet should be rolled over the resident.
4. Take a pillow and place it between the knees of the resident.
5. While keeping the pull sheet at the shoulder, move the patient towards your side.
6. After you raise the rail on your side, you and the assistant need to move to the other side, you at the shoulders, and the assistant at the thighs.
7. Your side rail needs to be lowered.
8. While working together with your assistant, pull the sheet so that the resident can be safely placed with a relaxed spine.
9. Side lying or Sim’s position is the next step for the resident.
10. A pillow must be placed at the neck for comfort.
11. Adjust the rails and bed, and place a call light nearby.