Collecting Routine Urine Specimen
1. While providing necessary assistance, ask the patient to urinate in the corresponding container.
2. After removing the specimen container lid, place it inside up on a flat surface.
3. At least 5 milliliters of the urine in the bedpan or toilet should be poured within the container.
4. Be careful when placing the lid back on the container to avoid contamination.
5. Clean the bedpan or urinal thoroughly and store it in the bedside drawer after it is sanitized.
6. After attaching the label to the container, take it to the location it is supposed to be sent to.